In order for Gilead to improve it's accommodation a major building project is underway that will house clients as well as staff and houseparents in an extended family home. We firmly believe that people should be placed in a family setting to enhance their healing journey.
We need your skills, spare time, or donations to help us complete it and help save more lives from the clutches of addiction! Click here for a short video to hear more about the building development.
The self-contained family units comprise bedrooms, bathrooms, communal kitchens, dining and meeting areas and dedicated accommodation for the house parents, who provide support and guidance for all those living in each unit.
Current Progress - We have moved in to Grace Lodge!
Completion of the project was held up due to lack of funding however Gilead was able to secure £200,000 from CLG (communities and local government) to help us complete the first house. To date we have raised an another amazing £50,000 through grants and interest free loans!
To move forward, we need to raise funding to complete the landscaping around the grounds of this great house, and continue to build the other 2 houses. The second house - 'Faith Lodge' - will be for females and we are now raising funds to build that . To the right is the architect's impression of what the final complex will look like.
Now, in 2015, foundations and drainage are in place to build Faith Lodge, which will provide purpose-built accommodation for up to 8 female Clients, with support workers and house parents all living together. We are just finalising numbers with various builders however we are estimating the cost to build this excellent facility is approx. £500,000, and once it’s built it will be an asset for our charity as well as a home for rehab.
At Gilead, we do as much as we can to be self-supporting (including using ground-source heating and solar energy in the new bungalows). But we cannot complete this next bungalow without financial help. We are approaching grant funders, who may be even more willing to help now that we have a working example to show them with Grace Lodge. We know from experience that we will also need the support of the many generous people who want their finances to go to something that is making a difference.
There are many ways in which you can help Gilead in its development plans:
• Giving- contact us or click the donate button and specify what the funds are for. Would you please consider supporting us as we build this next bungalow, to expand the work and enhance the quality of rehab for our female Clients, some of whom we are able to accommodate with babies, who also need to have warmth, security and a loving environment while Mum gets her life back on an even keel, for good.
• Pray for finances to be secured
• Volunteer your help to raise the funding.
• Ask us to visit your church to explain about the work of Gilead and the project.
• Volunteer your building skill to help build Faith Lodge.
please email Lois Samuel or call on 01837 851240 if you can help.